Saturday, September 1, 2012

On Hauntings And Happiness





I’ve been interested in the paranormal most of my life, and have personally experienced things several times. The last couple years I’ve been watching the ghost shows on television, like The Dead Files, Ghost Adventures and so on and I guess I’m a bit surprised at the number of spirits who apparently have, for one reason or another, decided to stay here. Some times it seems spirits stay in places they were attached to in life, places where they were happy and content.
So I got to thinking, where would I stay after I died if in fact I decided to hang around for a while? The one place where I have always felt the most relaxed and “at home” was Mexico. When I was driving truck and would get a load that was taking me to the South Texas, New Mexico or Arizona areas I always felt like someone who had been traveling for a long time and was finally heading home. I’ve been to Mexico between 50 and 75 times near as I can guess, always the border towns, and of course always for the bars and brothels and the women that can be found in them and I’ve always felt a sense of belonging and fitting in there. One dirt floored bar in Juarez where it was very, very easy to imagine banditos with their rifles and cartridge belts over their shoulders drinking at the bar felt very much like home to me.
If time is as fluid as I suspect, perhaps one day I’ll haunt the cantinas of Mexico in the mid to late 1800’s. Or perhaps it is possible to reincarnate into what we consider the past and I’ll visit those places again in physical form. I think I had a connection to Mexico long before this lifetime and I feel it was a happy time. I just want to feel that again

1 comment:

Marcos El Malo said...

On this one motorcycle trip, I crossed at Laredo on my way to a little rancho near San Miguel de Allende, a full days ride. In Nuevo Laredo I was concentrating on just getting to the highway, but once that was accomplished I could relax a bit, take it all in. I'd really missed Mexico and was so glad to be back. The next moment, I smelt that wonderful odor of burning trash. Ahhhh, I was home! Mexico was accepting me into her bosom once again.